Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus says i dont have a service, but i do.

Posting on behalf of my Son. He has had optus cable for over 6 months. Got a letter saying nbn was now available. Went to live chat to transfer to nbn and was told they can't find his service.

I tried to register so he could log in and view his account and it also says they can't find him. 

So who do we contact to get it sorted out? Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Optus says i dont have a service, but i do.

Hi

Two thoughts:

1) What happens if your son tries to order online? Go through the online ordering process and it will ask if you wish to migrate your service or similar words.

2) HAve you quoted to Optus details from the most recent bill for the cable service. This should give the account number etc 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dave. To answer, 1) I think he did try online, wouldn't work, so asked on optus chat.

2)He did give details but the can't person said they still couldn't find him.

If Optus can't find the service they're billing him for, (and his internet and home phone all work fine) I'm not sure about staying with them for nbn. I can see it ending up in tears.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

I have escalated your issue and a moderator should be contacting you.

It might be worth you contacting Optus again, it does often seen that you need to be lucky and get the right person.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How will  mod be contacting me? I don't have Amy messages and never get email notifications of any reply here. What am I missing?

I will try and call someone on Saturday though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

A mod will post a reply on this thread asking you to private message them. On any thread you have posted an email will be sent to you informing there is a new post.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks, Dave.

@yakabot feel free to send me a PM.

`To potentially save some of those tears, you mentioned it's for your son's service/account? It's unclear what the reason is for you posting on his behalf but just a heads up if it is in his name and you yourself don't have access to the account, a better option would be if he has a social media account, for him to please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos