Searching...
Accepted Solution

Optus saying emails are full but they are empty!

amharper
Hi, I have an ipad on which i receive the Optus Zoo mail. This is the only device that i use to collect this mail. I have been receiving emails from Optus saying my email quota is at 90% howver there are 7 messages in my inbox, none in deleted and 2 in sent (none of these are large data messages either). I have checked with Apple Support and they have checked my email settings on the ipad which are fine. I have no idea what is going on and im not getting any response from Optus at all. Any help would be great! thanks, jules

Re: Optus saying emails are full but they are empty!

Andy

Hey Jules, just confirming when you're checking your emails outside of your iPad are you still receiving those quota emails to your inbox?  The iPad itself shouldn't be the issue that's creating these type of email notifications.  Testing this will help isolate the problem!

amharper
Hey, thanks for your response. The ipad is the only place where we check these emails. Apple asked me to log on via webmail and there were no messages in my inbox or other folders at all when i logged in via the web - all completely empty! I only ever receive / send emails from the mail app on the ipad.

danielmpatton

I appear to having actaully the same irrirating problem as the poster above. I use optus webmail with my Outlook 2011 for Mac email client. Both the optus webmail server and Outlook keep notifying my inbox is full even though the inbox only has 4 emails. 

I'm no longer able to send and recieve email messages. 

plodder627

I have the same problem with windows. Only 10 (small in size) emails and my mailbox is over 90% full. Deleted emails have been permanently removed but there is still the same message coming up. How can I address this issue?

Solution

Ray_YC

Please visit our Have A Question about E-mail? help and support page.

If you still need a hand, this is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
28 Kudos