cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus router and battle.net services

so, i am currently using the supplied sagecom router, everything works fine except for using battle.net services, when i try to play Call of Duty or other games using battle.net, i lose connection to their services and my whole internet just cuts out and requires a restart of the router, i thought it  could be battle.net so i borrowed a router and that worked fine, trying to find a solution 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus router and battle.net services

Hi @Jennett22 it's not great to hear that you're having issues with your internet service.

We recommend keeping across our Network Status page  which provides up-to-date faults and works that may be impacting your service. You can also register for updates by clicking on the respective fault ticket, and then selecting “Log a fault”.

There’s a range of troubleshooting steps that may help with internet faults , while some network optimisation may improve your WiFi connectivity around the home.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Is your router the 5366TN? If so it could be a known stability issue with that specific router (not with battle.net specifically).

I just received an SMS from Optus today saying that they are going to preemptively send me a new power adaptor soon, so you might want to contact them now rather then wait for them to get around to you.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

that is the router im using, although i dont see how a stability issue could lead to issues with a specific game service, but i will message them in hopes of a response, thankyou
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

i dont see how a stability issue could lead to issues with a specific game service

I agree its unlikely and does not make much sense. Just playing a game shouldn't put much strain on the router at all, but power problems can cause strange behaviours. I wouldn't have suggested it if you weren't loosing internet altogether.

Are you playing over LAN or wifi? If via LAN then try temporarily turning off wifi. If its a power issue then it will probably make a difference to internet stability.

Other than that, I can't think of any other router settings that might help your problem.

0 Kudos