Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Bobellini
New Contributor

Optus refuses ADSL2 Connection at address ... Majority other ISPs can supply

Optus online address check for available services fails to recognise home address, but Telstra, iInet, TPG, and others do recognise it using their online address check, & offer either Cable or ADSL2 services.

This is a major Sydney suburb ... Dee Why ... not a remote outback sheep station, so I would have to assume the issue is within the Optus checking system.

3 phone calls to Optus sales resulted in transfers to various folk, none of whom could help or explain why this is so. One even suggested that Teltra's offer should be accepted. None could or would transfer me to anybody who could assist or explain.

There was previously a Telstra land line to the premises with a phone attached. This has been disconnected some time back, but does demonstrate that a piece of copper wire is actually possible ... in fact it is there!!

The lack of any complaint email address to which I can raise this issue prompts me to post here in the hope that somebody may have suggestions as to how I might actually get Optus to give me a connection ... or should I just take the advice that I accept the Telstra offer?

Ciao

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus refuses ADSL2 Connection at address ... Majority other ISPs can supply

Their address database is rubbish. It can't find me either, but when I go to the mobile coverage map, TADA!!

Try TPG.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus refuses ADSL2 Connection at address ... Majority other ISPs can supply

Sounds strange,

The mods here are pretty good at getting out some of the back end anomalies that pop up from time to time. 

@Dan_C, @Toomey

It is Australia Day so might be a little while before they pop in.

But, end of the day you can't force a company to sell you something. Only you can say when it's just too much hassle. How long until the NBN arrives on dee why?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos