cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus overhead cable and house box removal - Nov 2020

Getting the now redundant Optus overhead cable and house box removed is an unbelievable struggle, for a communications company Optus ranks up the top of the list for poor communication. First Optus confirmation email was tech booked for 6/11, on follow up as nothing happened Optus confirm tech now booked for 25/11, surprisingly no tech has turned up and this time I got a verbal only that the tech is booked for 4/12. With nothing in writing, the advised 4/12 looks like a pffftt date, although even with confirmed dates in writing it all means nothing. So, if anyone wants their redundant Optus overhead cable and house box removed then be prepared for the long hall as there is no simple phone call, form or message to get this exact issue resolved so be prepared for the merry go round process.

Maybe one day Optus with have a “secure” form available where the customer loads in all their required details and the form goes straight to the technical services people to action, albeit, that solution sounds too easy to work.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Optus overhead cable and house box removal - Nov 2020

Hi @emailjamese, not great to see you've been experiencing this issue with getting the old drop cable and box removed. That is usually quite a simple process to get sorted. 

If you do experience any further difficulties with this, please send a message through to our Facebook or Twitter pages so we can help you out. 

New Contributor
New Contributor

Technician arrived 4/12, cut cable at the house, looks like he terminated/capped the cable end after cutting and then wound the cable around the closest light pole in front of neighbours house as high up as he could reach standing next to the pole, then left. I then removed the house box later on the same day and placed into the council recycle bin as I expect he wasn't coming back, job done and all resolved, entry to the house looks better.

Thanks for keeping us posted on this here, @emailjamese. Glad to hear that this has been sorted out for you. 🙂 

If you did need a hand with anything else, do feel free to reach out or get in touch with our teams on Messaging via the My Optus app for any account-related enquiries. 

0 Kudos