cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted

Re: Optus network on Hotmail blocklist

I don't have your details so I can't comment on what's happened in the past @ripefruit. The main aim of Yes Crowd is peer to peer support. Where it's something specific like this, we (moderators) request you send a PM so we can assist further. I appreciate you're frustrated, this isn't a wide scale issue though. Toomey was unable to recreate the error using his personal accounts. Please send us a PM with the details Toomey has requested for a hand

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus response makes me laugh.. peer to peer, that's another way of saying: sorry we can't support you so here's a platform where you can help each other.

3 different customers all with the same problem, same IP, all HOTMAIL and you need more information.  

Get an "engineer" to go through the "unblock" IP address procedure at Hotmail.. not rocket science but only Optus can do it (requires verification) and unblock the reported IP address.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm having this problem as is another Optusnet member that I know.

I have contacted  131344 twice and each time they put me through to a paid service. Minimum price $90.00.

I have been an Optus client since 1994 and I'm about to cancel all my Mobile, Landline, Cable TV and Internet accounts if this issue is not resolved very soon. Optus has admitted it has existed since 2011. (search this forum)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well said Roger, we're with you 100%.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have since established that if I use Optus Webmail I can send to the Hotmail account. It seems that the problem only exists if I use MS Outlook as my e-mail client.

I do recall that the problem exists if I use my iPhone e-mail client to send to a Hotmail account.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, we figured ways around the problem as well but that's not the point.  Optus engineers cannot fix the problem until a user submits a Technical Support Ticket even though they have the offending IP address.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm having this problem too. I have PM'ed you Toomey the info

Trekky1 (Heidi)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've replied back to your PM @Trekky1. We'll chat with you there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Probaly timed out before it got there knowing Optus, it is so slow, I am still waiting now over 35 minutes for an email I sent to myself from another email address, it arrived at two other email address's immediatly, as I say, still waiting for it to turn up at my optus email box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Forrestbeach - I can see our moderator, Dan, has responded to your PM requesting more information. Can you please get back to us so we can help out? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos