Searching...
Highlighted

Optus network on Hotmail blocklist

CHE1972

Can anyone please help with the following.  Some of my emails to Hotmail addresses are being rejected.  I am sending from my Optus account via Outlook 2013 and receive the following...

This is the mail system at host mail110.syd.optusnet.com.au.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.1.33] said: 550 5.7.1

Unfortunately, messages from [211.29.132.97] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to  http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

[VE1EUR01FT041.eop-EUR01.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail110.syd.optusnet.com.au
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 3F6AC102DB3
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; xxxxxxxxx@optusnet.com.au
Arrival-Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 11:15:41 +1000 (AEST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; xxxxxxx@hotmail.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;xxxxxx@hotmail.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [211.29.132.97] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
[VE1EUR01FT041.eop-EUR01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Re: Optus network on Hotmail blocklist

AlexRH

Hey @CHE1972, sounds like we'll need to raise this with our Network team or investigate further.

In this instance, please get in touch with our Faults team on 13 13 44 so we can check it out Smiley Happy 

ripefruit

Any chance someone at Optus could get onto this as it's still happening?

<xxxxxxx@hotmail.com>: host hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.37.33] said: 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [211.29.132.97] weren't sent.
Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our blocklist (S3150).
You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
[CY1NAM02FT009.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Toomey

Hey @ripefruit, sorry to hear this. As Alex has mentioned, it will need to be sent to our Network team for investigation. Please use Live chat or call 131344 to speak with our 24/7 faults team.

---------------------------------------------------------
Received some handy advice from our Contributors? Remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo & Accepted solution their way!

garryb

My wife is having this identical issue today.

ripefruit

With respect, you sent it to your Network team in December 2017 to investigate.   Are you seriously telling us they have been investigating the world's biggest online mail provider (hotmail) for 4 months?

It's not rocket science, hotmail is blocking an Optus IP Address.  Get your "Investigation Team" to contact hotmail and get it taken off the block list.  Only Optus can do that.

Toomey

My apologies, it was not mentioned that you had already raised this so long ago. I've just tested my Optusnet to my Hotmail with no issues so I'll need to send through your specific examples for a follow up.

Please complete the following and send it through to me in a private message:

Account number:

Full Name:

DOB:

OptusNet Email:

Hotmail Email:

Screenshot of error via web client (not outlook):

Screenshot of error via mail client (outlook etc):

Please be sure to include both screenshots of the web client and your own client. I'll send this off and get back to you as soon as I have a response

---------------------------------------------------------
Received some handy advice from our Contributors? Remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo & Accepted solution their way!

ripefruit

You are simply frustrating your customers now.

The very first post was where it was raised long ago. 

You do not need individual account details as the identical error message received by every customer shows the error message and the same offending IP Address.  = 211.29.132.97

Get your "engineers" to "read" the post which includes the full error message.

Tris

Cases need to raised on an individual basis @ripefruit. Feel free to send a PM as Toomey suggested 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

ripefruit

I have no issue with raising a ticket so why then was that not made clear in December 2017 when this post was first opened or any subsequent posts since then?

What is the point of a FORUM if Optus have no intention of discussing issues facing its customers?

Gauging by the number of email issues experienced by Optus customers, I'd propose its too hard for it's "engineers".

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
20 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos