Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
oldtimer1948
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus nbn internet and home phone bundles

I have been with Optus since dial up days.  Optus once upon a time advertised bundles of NBN plus home phones seems now negotiating the website goes in circles.  I am currently paying $95 a month for unlimited nbn broadband internet and unlimited phone calls.  The plan I am on is called $95 Big Bundle, been on it since 2015.  Is there a better plan available with the same speed at a cheaper cost?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rob_YC

Re: Optus nbn internet and home phone bundles

Hey @oldtimer1948, we do have updated NBN plans which may be more suitable for you. The details for those can be found on our NBN Plans page , what you can do with those plans is add a Home Phone to that,  we do have a couple options for that. 

The first one is our Phone Lite option which is a pay as you go option, it's more suitable if you want that Home Phone but don't make lots of calls with that. You can also add our World Saver Ultimate pack, which includes unlimited calls to 25 destinations and to mobiles in 7 destinations.

The second option we have is the Phone Everyday, that is a Phone line with unlimited standard local, national and Aus mobile calls included and you can add our World Saver Ultimate pack to this options also, which includes those unlimited calls to 25 destinations and to mobiles in 7 destinations for you. You can find all that information available on the Home Phone link which is attached to that NBN plan. Hope this helps, please let me know if there's any questions or if I've missed something for that, we can follow up further. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The NBN isn't really well setup for landline calls IMO. You usually have to pay over the odds if you want a landline. If you ditch the landline and just use the mobile (you can get mobile plans that use your wifi BTW) then there's lots of fast cheap data only plans on the NBN.
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@petergdownload wrote:
The NBN isn't really well setup for landline calls IMO. 

It all boils down to the individuals usage patterns.

You usually have to pay over the odds if you want a landline.

Its  mainly the PAYG options that are grossly overpriced. Lots of telcos have largely unlimited mobile/national calls for around ~$10 p/m.

If you ditch the landline and just use the mobile

Once again it all depends on your calling patterns. If you're already paying for a mobile plan that has unlimited mobile/national calls then they is no point in paying for that on a landline as well. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors