Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus modem Wi-Fi light not working

Optus modem all lights are on except Wi-Fi light. Done on and off and reset as well still not working.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Optus modem Wi-Fi light not working

could be a faulty modem, which modem do you have? is it a new modem and problem or was it working before? Sticky wifi button? 

How about a hard reset?  Unplug everything exept for the power, Hold down the reset button for about 10 seconds then let go. Do not plug anything back in. Wait until the modem is fully rebooted and see if the WIFI light is turn on. If yes then start connecting other cables. If no it could be a faulty modem -> contact optus support for a replacement. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Auss73, apologies for the delay in response and your Wi-Fi issue. Some modems have a separate switch (press button) for Wi-Fi make sure that is turned on. If the issue still persist then it could be the modem. In that case you will need to speak to Tech Support on 131344 (open 24x7) to arrange a new one. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Mine does the same every couple of days, all lights are on except the wifi, I have to turn it off at the back and on again to get it working again . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@JayceeHall try reseting the modem a couple of times and see if it helps

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, will give it a go 😁

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I had this problem with the V2 modem on FTTN; now have the V3 which is fine. It's not really a faulty modem (because everything is fine after you press the WiFi burron twice). You have every right to ask for a replacement modem, however.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@newline , yes mine was the V2 that has the wifi issue, I was able to resolved it with about 5 resets. . @JayceeHall if the reset doesn't work then contact technical support via livechat to seek assistance, maybe a replacement modem is the answer. Didnt experienced the wifi issue with the V3 and HP modems. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your advice, very helpful!

0 Kudos