Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
JJL
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus lack of service

I am bitterly disappointed with the service and support Optus provides. I have recently opened an NBN account after 14 years subscribing to an ADSL Optus service.

The NBN experience has been awful. I'm in Melbourne's inner north. The service keeps dropping out and the service speeds have rarely been near the speed I am paying for. Has anyone else had this experience?

Also their telephone support is appalling. OK once you actually speak to someone (after waiting for an hour) I lost connection, break in service, and couldn't face calling them again.

As for the Optus website, it's clunky, unresponsiveand and expands the lack of customer experience. To add insult to injury, when I tried to use the online chat, guess what, it was busy.

For a telecommunications company this is really bad form. I'm going to cancel my subscription, if I can manage to find the department and switch to another provider. Am even considering Telstra. 

Optus, do you hate your cunstomer? What are you selling a service you cannot provide ?(Another name for that is stealing). And what do you consider customer support? because what you are currently providing is 3rd rate. SHAME.

JJL

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NoelG
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus lack of service

I too have experienced appalling customer service and can understand your sentiment. I give Optus 1 out of 10 for customer service. I would contact the Telecommunications Ombudsman, especially if Optus is not providing you with adequate opportunity to resolve your complaints. 

0 Kudos
Kiwiandrew
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm am getting sick to death of this company I am having nothing but trouble with the internet and mobile service I've tried to make contact on the app tonight then I'm told I have a reply and now I can't open the bloody app it's telling no network....... state why I am messaging on here....... over it ...... look at my notes it will explain a lot more if you take the time to look at them
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just a heads up kiwiandrew as per the red advisory message on the right when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum.

If for some reason you’re unable to use the App to message Optus, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebookor a DM on Twitterwith the details mentioning you can't use the My Optus app.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos