For 24/7 support message our team of experts via the My Optus app.
Depending on the type of Broadband service you have with us, your maximum theoretical speed may differ. For a complete overview, see how fast are Optus internet speeds.
If you suspect that there’s an issue with your internet speed, we suggest running a speed test.
Before contacting us, there’s a few things you can do to isolate the issue:
1) Check out Network status page for any outage or maintenance notifications
2) If there’s a large discrepancy between your WiFi speed result & Wired, try:
- Switching between the 5GHz and 2.4GHz WiFi Networks
- Changing your WiFi channel
- Reducing the number of devices connected to your WiFi
- Try an alternative WiFi modem
3) Check how many apps you have running in the back ground
4) Update your Web Browser
5) Check that you have the latest version of modem firmware
6) Check If you’ve reached the storage limit on your devices hard drive
For device specific instructions, check out our Device Guides.
If you’ve tried all of the above and there’s been no improvement, you can Message one of our experts for further troubleshooting.