Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus hasnt informed my old network provider disconnection

Hi

Look like i was still being billed by my old network provider TPG.

I called them up and they knew nothing about this. 
I think they are not going to refund the last 3 months of payment.

I have now put a stop to this but i am not sure how to go about getting some evidence that they had been informed already by optus.

Unless i was supposed to do this myself.

Any sugestons please.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus hasnt informed my old network provider disconnection

It's supposed to be automatic part of mobile number porting. It's difficult to know who to blame, but it's not you. It's more than likely TPG's problem, since they've been running your account with no ability for your number to work. Since TPG has provided no service, they will be the easiest to convince to let it drop.

You need to convince TPG that the calls are going to Optus, and then mention that you will log a complaint with the TIO, if they don't whizz off.

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, Thanks for your reply

This is true because I have a brand new home phone number through Optus and the old phone number has been removed which was under TPG, but I can't understand why TPG has continuned billing me from the beginning of January since the number doesn't exist anymore. One would of thought that Optus would have taken care of this in which I have been told that they would do this for me. TPG has asked me to explain my reasons to them in writing an email that the services are no longer in use. I am awaiting a confirmation email to see if TPG will refund my amount back in which they have been chargine me, otherwise I will have to seek legal advice because the may not come to the party, I never once thought that I had to personally inform TPG my disconnection as I was not under any contract and I was free to go to any other service provider. For now I've asked TPG to stop my auto-payments and remove my account. I hope this is resolved very shortly without any disputes or circumstances.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

You dont have to seek legal advice. The TIO fixes them.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ok thnaks for that advice i will wait until i get an asnwer first from TPG before proceeding to the TIO

Come to think of it, i now remmebr many years ago, that this has happened to me before when i transfer over to Dodo that i was overchaged but it was credited back to me without any issues.

There was also another incident that happened many months later that i was charged for soemthing i hadnt used.

For now i will leave things as they are as they need to refund the money back into my account.

But once this is done....i am going to make sure i contact my bank, and place a block on them so that no other monies dont just comes out for no reason.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi

Just to report back to you all, that my situation was resolved and your suggestion to call the TIO worked great. They did look into this and i was awarded 3 months of credit onto my account for Optus blunder not informing TPG regarding disconnection.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos