Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus equivalent to Telstra "Commercial quote"

Hey Optus,

Whenever I check my street in the Optus ADSL availablily checker, it shows that I can only get ADSL. I'm in a normal, residential street on the Northern Beaches in Sydney.

I found out that my neighbours have Optus cable, as do the people behind me, opposite me, and accoss the road from me. It turns out there is an Optus Cable distribution box directly in front of my house with spare ports, about 4 metres from where Telstras phone line enters my house.

Apparently there is an issue though with my address not being recognised in the Optus Database. With Telstra, I know of people in a similar circumstance, who have requested a "commercial quote" which has meant that Telstra comes out to quote the cost of adding cable, but often just means that the house is updated on the data base, and everything is fine.

I have looked extensively, and the only way I have seen people get the equivilent from Optus, has been to post here, and a moderator requests that you PM them, and then it is manually organised.

So, here I am.

If anyone can help, I will be extremely grateful.

Thanks,

Simon. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus equivalent to Telstra "Commercial quote"

NB - I'm in a standalone house, on a standalone block, and I'm number 1, so not a subdivision.

Not a unit, not a townhouse, just a boring, normal, house.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You pretty much got it all in one 🙂

If no one gets back to you, you can try contact a  Mod directly.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @SmashAshby definitely shoot myself or another moderator a PM with your address and we can raise this with our tech team to check it out.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, PM Sent 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

I've just replied back 🙂

We'll chat there mate. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Simon,

Did you ever get this sorted? I'm in the same sitution, living on the northern beaches and have ADSL which is terrible. It looks like the house we have has cable connected but everytime I try will anyone it just says I can get ADSL. 

Many thanks..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@faloony

Just letting you know, I've received your private message. We'll chat there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi dan. I’m in the same situation where as my entire neighbours have cable but I am unable and have installed coaxial cable in the house I built. 

Any chance for some assistance in finding out if I can get cable? 

0 Kudos