Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Messi1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus emails

Hi, 

I recently moved onto another provider for just my landline/broadband as my service was having too many dropouts. My question is, is there a way to keep my exsisting email addresses? if so does anyone know how they need to be setup? I seem to be receing ok for some of my previous email address but not for the "Main" email address.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus emails

From what I understand you would need to retain a postpaid service to keep your emails. The outgoing email settings using your new provider would probably be the only thing you would need to change. Some would suggest changing over to one of the free email accounts such as Gmail or Yahoo might be a better long term alternative.

0 Kudos
Messi1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply... its odd becuase I was able to retain one of my previous emails and I used my new provider for outgoing, but one of the email addresses I just cant get it to work and now I have deleted it and I can't re-set it up again 😞

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Was this a primary and secondary email account belonging to an Optus broadband account? If so is the account still active or did you cancel it? You can try logging in to webmail to see if the email is still working.

https://webmail.optusnet.com.au/

Edit: I forgot to say that they keep the email running for 90 days after you finish with Optus and that may be why your account worked for a while and is no longer 

0 Kudos
Aman_B

Hi @Messi1 - You can certainly save your main Optusnet email (if it's still within 90 days of your internet disconnection date).  Now to save your email username you'll need  an active Optus internet servuce, this can be home internet or mobile broadband (Pre paid or postpaid). Without any of these you can't save your email. I hope this helps. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos