Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus customer support

I have been with Optus for many years. My elderly father is also with OPTUS. Recently he signed up for broadband . After it was connected his phone went dead. I (at the request and permission of my father) rang the help line. I rang Optus tech support which took me 40 minutes to get connected. They said there was nothing they could do and transferred me to NBN. The NBN help desk person was trying to fix the problem and then we were disconnected. Even though he had my number he did not ring me back!! So I went to an OPTUS shop and they said it was not an Optus problem and gave me a number for NBN. I rang the number and the message said that they don't deal directly with the public and I had to go through my service provider. I rang OPTUS again. After about 1 hour I got through and explained the situation. He said it is not their problem but NBN's problem and  wanted put me through to NBN.

I asked about whether we need a kit to go on to NBN. The sms messages to my father's phone said that it is on its way. If it is on its way and they have already switched us over to NBN, then why do that if we haven't got all the equipment to be linked up. I asked whether we need a kit and didn't get a response regarding it , he just wanted to put me through to NBN. Why can't we get answers to our questions. I imagine because the people on the help desk don't know what they are talking about and are just reading a process manual. Anything outside of that and it is in the too hard basket.

I had just spent 3 hours trying to fix the problem and ran out of time today. In the meantime my elderly father who needs to have a phone does not have one!!!! Can't someone in optus take responsibility and provide some genuine customer service? I don't ask you to solve the problems immediately, if it requires an NBN technician, but at least give us some answers about ! 1. Do we need a technician? 2 Do we need a Kit? 3. If we can't get any response from NBN who will fix the problem if we can't deal with them directly? We are in the dark and it was very vague as to what is required! It would be nice to talk to someone who can give us some answers and not flobbed off to another person. The people on the help desk either don't know what they are There should be a contact point in OPTUS that we can go to, to tell us what is going on. It appears that as soon as we are signed up then customer service ends. Why doesn't someone IE the case manager ring up and see if everything is wotking? We are not technicians, we don't know what is needed and we don't have all day waiting for someone to answer and then tell us they can't do anything. I contacted the chat line and got nowhere with them. There is noone in OPTUS who wants to look at our situation and tell us what is going on. A little communication goes a long way!!

I am considering going to another provider. I have experienced good service with OPTUS in the past but this latest experience shows that customer service is almost non-existent at present becuase the people we speak to I think are just reading from a card and not really listening to our problems. i suppose we can try again tomorrw and hopefully by Easter we nay have our phone on.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus customer support

Hi there,

At a guess your fathers connection is or will FTTN/C/B/P. As the the phone number is now voip aka voice over internet protocol your father needs a new modem (generally supplied by the retailer) connected to the incoming line only and the phone attached to the modem.

The link being provided should've been how easy it is to connect-nbn so with no equipment from Optus, no service. 

1300 652 080

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus customer support

good luck! I've been trying for 5 weeks to get assistance. I had more luck bungling through blindly. customer seems to be something they dream that they have!
0 Kudos