Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ranijolly_3570
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus customer service is not a joke, they are the whole circus

We just moved to our new home a few weeks back. 2 weeks before moving in we made an account with Optus and chose the NBN plan. In a week we received the modem and the NBN technicians came and installed the boxes in our new home. after moving in we started using the 4g sim the modem came with. we were told the NBN would be active on the 22nd of June. so we decided to wait. times goes by and nothing happened on the 22nd of June. Now the trouble begins, called support every day (even today on 4th July) and every day it's a new problem and same talk. every day it's a new staff that asks for the problem, says they will sort it out and will call me to update - they don't solve anything or call me to update. TODAY (4th July) its been 5 weeks since the machine was set up. every day after work I call the Optus support to see what new problems they can come up with and trust me they are good. I have changed homes a lot during my life and been with many internet providers but OPTUS has shown me how horrible customer support can be. Not a single one of your workers can tell me why my NBN is not being activated, not a single one of them seems to give a C!@!p about my problem. I am not paying AU130 for a cheap 4g internet that is slower than my mobile hotspot. 

I searched online too and a lot of people have had similar problems with your tech support. I was promised by 2 case managers that my NBN will be ready on a certain day. Barry and Sharron/Shannon. they guaranteed that my NBN will be working and guess what???????? they lied. feels like they are there to screw with people rather than solving the issues. if this is how you treat your customers then I hate to see how you treat your fellow workers. I have suggested my friends not to join and have told my experience to other forums and social media. I want people to know how c!#p you are and hope those poor souls think twice before joining you.

PS - Sorry about my English. it's not the best.

Kind regards 

Rani

0 Kudos
1 Reply
z_hook

Re: Optus customer service is not a joke but the whole circus

Hi @Ranijolly_3570,

Apologies for the ongoing experience you've had with this.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
I

f for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors