Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus currently has terrible cable internet speeds in Mt Waverley

The performance of Optus’s cable network in Mount Waverley has substantially deteriorated over the past 12 months. This mornings speed test revealed a download speed of 2.59mbs and upload of 0.65mbs. As I use an Ethernet connection, the issue is somewhere between the router and the optus node.

For troubleshooting purposes, I use the CG3000V2 router with firmware V2.08.07.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus currently has terrible cable internet speeds in Mt Waverley

I have friends in High Street Road and their cable connection got that bad they were forced over to NBN. What are the cable points like connected to the wall and the modem all snug and secure? The speed results are the same day and night and not just during peak times?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @RPW - not great to hear if you're experiencing those speeds over an Ethernet connection. Have you had the chance to speak to our Tech Support team regarding the issue?

If not, we'd recommend sending a message to our Live Chat team via the My Optus App or via this link → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat. They'll be able to troubleshoot your connection with you in real-time.

If you'd prefer, you can also give Tech Support a call on 13 13 44 (open all hours).

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the follow GuyCS.

Since reporting the issue, download speeds have increased to 28.22mbs. I will continue to monitor and report unacceptable speeds. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to us @RPW Good to know that Tech Support were able to help with this one.

If you do experience a decrease in speeds moving forward, it'll be best to get in touch with them first, but feel free to let us know here as well. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately Optus cable download speeds have reduced to 2.28mbs. This is an unacceptable speed for a Monday morning. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @RPW - thanks for touching base. I've had a look at our network status for Mount Waverley 3149 and can see that we've scheduled in network maintenance and upgrade works for the area. While we’re working on it, there may be some service interruptions, but we’ll try to keep this to a minimum. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

These works are expected to be completed around 4PM on 4/11/2018 and you should see an increase in service quality once this is finished.

Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues with your speed/connection after 4/11 and we'll assess the next steps. 

0 Kudos