Searching...

Optus connection

BobbyJones

We switched from Telsta to Optus for our home line and internet in late May. It took almost 10 days after the agreed switchover date - and many, many hours of dealing with Optus' usless support staff - until we were finally connected. Within 4 weeks of being connected were were disconected for not paying a bill, which we had never recieved!!! The requested amount has now been paid - despite never seeing a bill -  and although we now have a telephone line, we can no longer get the intenet. The idiots at Optus' hlep desk tell us that this is becasue Telstra has blocked Optus from providing a service to our house. This sounds odd given we were once fully connected, albelit for a short time, and now seem to have a telephone line witout internet. As always Optus' support staff are unable to help. Who can we speak to at Optus or is the only solution to go back to Telstra?

Re: Optus connection

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

So you ported from Telstra to Optus and the service worked for a month until they disconnected you for not paying a bill and now they are saying you need to speak with Telstra?

BobbyJones

Not quite. A bill was never sent (the servive had only been actuve for a little over 3 weeks), but the requested amount has been paid. They claim that Telstra is blocking them from providing a service.

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

No problems I was just trying to get my head around what was going on. That does seem strange indeed and I can't say I have read anything like that before. Maybe a quick call to Telstra in the off chance there may be some truth in what they are saying. Are you sure they didn't just blacklist you or something of that nature?

Edit: I forgot to ask is this a home phone with an adsl connection or something else?

BobbyJones

Home phone with ADSL. 

Definately not blacklisted on Telstra - in fact I still havent claimed the credit on the last bill. And Optus did work for almost 4 weeks so I do not think it's a Telstra issue.

Yeldarb

Hmm from what I understand they code the line when you apply for adsl and I believe this can only be removed by the company that applied it. In this case given that Optus adsl was working I would have thought that only Optus could fix it. Do you still have a solid light on the modem under dsl sync? 

BobbyJones

I have lost the solid light under ADSL and the line itself today. Optus still claim that it's Telstra's fault so I went to Telstra to transfer back, but they cannot as Optus are holding my number in quarantine. Telstra also said that once ported to Optus, as it was on May 30th, they are unable to touch the line. Optus are useless and incompetent and I expect Telstra's legal department would be interested to hear that Optus blames them for its own failings!

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Yep the codes might be the issue for Telstra. I think I would be speaking to the TIO for a bit of friendly advice as it looks like a stalemate. Information on the TIO can be found on the link below and I would highly recommend you give them call. Smiley Happy

Edit: It may also pay to speak with Optus one more time and politely mention that you will be speaking with the TIO if the problems can't be resolved.

https://www.tio.com.au/about-us

Wesley-J

Hey BobbyJones - that does sound very odd, can you please send us a private message, with your full name, DOB and service/account number so we can investigate this issue further?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

BobbyJones

Thank you good idea. We will report this to the TIO. Amazing that a telco company can be this useless and then blame another service providor for its ineptness. Totady is the 62nd day of being with Optus, we have had a service for just 36 of those days and spent many hours dealing with their hopeless support staff.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
84 Kudos
80 Kudos
67 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos