cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor tasmanianguy
Occasional Contributor

Optus chat to change plan and stated I would be on a month to month - but re-contracted me instead!

Hi Optus,

I contacted you via "chat" on the 20th July 2019 as my contract was about to be up.  I went to a $70 plan and it was stated to me that I would be on a month to month plan as requested.

Copy of the transcript has been provided below.

Jarold (12:34:50 AEST) : The rate plan change to $70 with $5 Unlimited local and national calls will be effective from next billing cycle that is 7th August 2019.
Visitor (12:35:00 AEST) : thank you
Jarold (12:35:19 AEST) : Please also help me with your driving licence number, issue sate and expiry date to make the rate plan change to $70.
Visitor (12:35:37 AEST) : can you please organise envelope pack for the fetch box to be returned.
Jarold (12:36:04 AEST) : Also as fetch box is not included in $70 plan it will be cancelled from 7th August 2019 and you will be sent a satchel to return the fetch box.
Jarold (12:36:35 AEST) : Once you receive the satchel you need to keep the fetch box inside and drop it to the nearest Australian post.
Visitor (12:36:46 AEST) : thank you
Visitor (12:36:50 AEST) : no problem
Jarold (12:36:54 AEST) : You are welcome
Jarold (12:37:02 AEST) : Please help me with your driving licence number, issue sate and expiry date to make the rate plan change to $70.
Visitor (12:37:37 AEST) : **** personal details ****
Jarold (12:38:27 AEST) : Also helm me with the issue state and expiry date.
Jarold (12:38:31 AEST) : help**
Visitor (12:38:48 AEST) : yes hang on
Visitor (12:38:55 AEST) : ***** personal details ****
Visitor (12:39:03 AEST) : XXX
Jarold (12:39:45 AEST) : Thank you.
Jarold (12:40:35 AEST) : I have made the rate plan change to $70 with $5 Unlimited local and national calls effective from 7th August 2019.
Visitor (12:40:51 AEST) : Thank you
Jarold (12:40:51 AEST) : You will be on month to month contract with $70 plan.
Jarold (12:40:58 AEST) : You are welcome.
Jarold (12:40:59 AEST) : Is there anything else I could help you with?
Visitor (12:41:30 AEST) : no thanks
Jarold (12:41:37 AEST) : You are welcome.
Jarold (12:41:42 AEST) : It was pleasure chatting with you today:)

I would like my contract reinstated to a month to month contract please as per the chat transcript.  Thanking you in advance.

Cheers,

Byron

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus chat to change plan and stated I would be on a month to month - but re-contracted me inste

Why do you think you are on a contract now? Have you contacted Optus and asked directly? Do you have an EXPIRY date shown in My Account?

You can't get any account changes made via this public forum btw. Suggest you contact Optus directly via LIVECHAT and resolve what needs to be done. It should be fairly straight forward.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus chat to change plan and stated I would be on a month to month - but re-contracted me instead!

Hi there Byron,

Thank you for raising this issue.
We don't have your and are unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Message Us here or from your My Optus app under the Help menu.  

Should be a straight forward request for the Optus team based on the transcript.

Cheers

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors