cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor SamJones
New Contributor

Optus can't find my address

Hi there,

I have recently moved to a new house (townhouse) and I am trying to set up ADSL2 but Optus can't seem to find my address in their system.

Using pseudonyms, I live at 1A Smith Road North, and it seems the Optus system can only see 1A Smith Road (no North). I raised this when I couldn't select my actual address when trying to sign up online, and so I used the live chat function. The guy on there said 'no worries, I'll set it up for you with the right address' and so I set up my account via him. Then several hours later I received the confirmation email wherein he had entered 1A Smith Road (no north). I tried the live chat again asking for them to amend it, and the new person said they can't change it, I would have to wait 3-4 Business days for the next email to come through and call back. 

I waited 4 days, and got a text asking me to call Optus immediately. I called Optus and the person I reached said they can't find either address and he'd have to cancel my order as Optus doesn't serve there. I know my neighbour uses Optus, so I imagine it is something to do with the address database...? It's also a pretty central location, and there is a phone connetcion existing.

Anyway, that guy transferred me to sales (25 minutes later) I speak to someone else who says he can't help and transfers me to technical support (25 minutes later) I give up waiting and find an ADSL support contact number online so I call that (15 minutes later) no answer, so here I am, hoping someone can help who may have had a similar problem?!! 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors