Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus cable service - reporting outage - why is this so hard?

Firstly - I am NOT an uneducated used - I have been with Optus internet since dialup days - I do not need to be pointed at a trouble shooting guide - I need to report an issue and raise a trouble report,  and get it fixed, why is this so hard?

OK so the Optus cable is down, but there are no outages reported in my area (yet).

It appears that Optus won't allow me to report an issue if there are no outages? how is that going to help me?

The Optus@home app won't work because the cable and wifi is down - which is what I need to report, and won't work with my backup WiFi dongle as it is Telstra or my mobile as it is Vodafone.

Help!   

- Matthew 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus cable service - reporting outage - why is this so hard?

@carpetrunner wrote:

Firstly - I am NOT an uneducated used

Not off to a good start there 😀

It possible the issue is just your equipment but Optus can be a bit hit or miss reporting outages.

Did you type in your address specifically or just the post code? I just did my address and had no issues but the postcode (3056) did return a problem (I think Optus should be working on that discrepancy)

It does also seem bizarre that you are only allowed to report an outage if there is already a report of an outage in your area. Optus really do need to think that page through a bit more IMO.

At this stage you can only contact Optus directly (its a long wait). I suspect they'll tell you there's an outage and they're working to identify the cause and fix it but no timeline yet...

0 Kudos