Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
KarlGao
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus cable broadband for townhouse

Hi there,

I am an existing Optus mobile user and I am applying for broadband for my new home. I went to an Optus store and was told that I can get the cable broadband. We went through the order and the next day I received an email saying that cable service is not available. I guess it is because of the policy of not serving cable service to 3 MDUs. I have solid reasons that the service should be available but I made multiple calls and live chat and no one could help solve my issues. 

Reasons below:

1. The property is a street facing townhouse.
2. There is an existing overhead Optus cable connected to my place already. Probably established by the previous owner.

3. The street is cable enabled by checking the neighborhood's availability.

4. There is no active body corporate.

If anyone can provide any help or assistance with this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Karl

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus cable broadband for townhouse

This question gets asked often and if you take look at the post below you will get an idea why its a difficult one to answer.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Optus-Cable-in-a-Unit/m-p/413052

0 Kudos
KarlGao
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I need a tech drive by to assess first. 

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If I mention  here you may get a response. Then again he might abuse me for dropping his name. Smiley LOL

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

As mentioned, common sense doesn't seem to be a factor in getting a new cable connection (Telstra are similar). Why there isn't (never has been) a simple form / web page that makes applying for a new connection very straight forward I don't know. Its

One factor though is when is the NBN arriving in your street? If its due to go live in the next six months Optus might not want to spend the money setting up the connection (as the network is due to be dismantled shortly)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos