Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus cable availability confusion

Hi everyone,

I am moving from my house, I was using optus cable at my current home and when I check online if optus is providng service at my new premises or not, the website says it is not.When i enter my address lets say like 1a X Street then ut shows that service is not available. However, instead if I enter my address as just like 1 X Street it shows the service is available. It avaiable in all addresses on my street. I tried to have a chat with online support which goes something like this(Message is edited obviously):

CSA• Hi, this is CSA from Fixed Service team, welcome to Optus LiveChat. How can I help you today?
You • 02:57 PM
Well I want confirm to if optus cable is available at my premises or not?
CSA • 02:58 PM
Sure, I'll check that for you
CSA • 02:58 PM
Can I have the address please ?
You • 02:58 PM
1a X Street Y Suburb
You • 02:59 PM
On website if I put the address just 1 X Street Y Suburb than it shows available.
CSA • 03:00 PM
Sorry, I see the address 1a X Street Y Suburbs is not serviceable by Optus
You • 03:01 PM
But 1 is?
CSA • 03:02 PM
Yes but the serviceability depends on Units
You • 03:03 PM
Whats the different can you please explain? Well our unit is the main one and other small units are named B/C/D. At my home I have seen socket connection for cable.
You • 03:05 PM
and as far as i have seen it is not available at B/C/D either according the website. So where it is available in 1 itself?
CSA • 03:05 PM
It is only available at 1A
You • 03:06 PM
Thats my unit.
You • 03:06 PM
the main one
CSA • 03:07 PM
Am sorry, Ignore the previous statement
You • 03:07 PM
Others are granny flats
CSA • 03:08 PM
I see the 1 X Street Y Suburb is serviceable by Cable service from Optus
You • 03:09 PM
Yes that is what I am saying. 1 is divided into 4 lots. A is the main house which is ours and B/C/D are granny flats on the backyard.
CSA • 03:10 PM
I see, am not sure if you get the connections divided to the granny flats
YOu can ask the same from the relocation experts who is available over call
Sorry sales experts
You • 03:11 PM
I am just renting the main unit. I need only for that.
CSA • 03:11 PM
Call them at 133345
CSA • 03:11 PM
They are open : Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 9:00pm Sat: 9:00am - 7:00pm Sun: 9:00am - 6:00pm National Public Holidays: Closed

This is the third time I am trying to convence optus team on the chat that I can have optus cable at my premises but they are not trying to understand what I am conveying. I want to know where exactly I can contact to explain the situation properly and someone aware about area and have got technical expertise. 

Regards,

Ubaid

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus cable availability confusion

Just because Optus cable is available in your street does not mean it'll be available to your unit. There are a number of factors including the number of taps in the street (what each house plugs into), the location of the property and business rules put in place by Optus. It may very well be they won't offer you a service and really, they don't need to but remember obviously they want to because that's how they make money!

Try calling or live chat again and request a "tech drive by" because that's the way to progress further. If they continue to disagree, there's not a lot you can do. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Let me add more info in case it was not clear from my intial post.

1) Optus service is avaiable on 1 X Street.
2) But it is not avaiable on 1a/1b/1c/1d.
3) 1a is the main house and rest of them are granny flats.
4) If it is not avaiable on any of 1a/1b/1c/1d then where it is in 1 ? because there are no other units or lot know as 1 on that street. That is my question from optus. If it is avaible anywhere in 1 then should be 1a because it is the main house and it already got cable wiring sockets in the home. They just need to come and connect the cable thats it.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Ask them to connect to 1 X Street. Its almost certainly 1a but if not then its only going to be you hanging around asking for a connection when the tech turns up.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos