Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus blocking my website I.P. address?

Hi, I have a website assetinspect.com.au which has been operating ok online for around 10 years. It is hosted by an internet service provider Domain Registration Services.  We are a small company with around 10+ staff, which 7 are on Optus internet and mobile, whilst the other 3 are on Telstra.  Since Friday 19th October all staff who are on Optus are not able to access our website or send/receive emails from either home broadband cable internet laptops and 4G mobile devices, whilst those on Telstra have no issues at all.  My only conclusion is that Optus has accidentally blocked access to our I.P. address (122.201.80.137).  I have also asked several friends, which those on Optus cannot access our website, whilst those on Telstra have no issues accessing.  I have had several discussions with Domain Registration Services and their Engineer who advised all appears ok at their end, and they have full access (being on Telstra), and have asked that we raise this with Optus. 

Is this something Optus can check to see if they have accidentally blocked my IP address.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated as not really sure what to do in this instance thanks. Andrew

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus blocking my website I.P. address?

Looks like a subnet has been blocked on SORBS and that might have something to do with it.

http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml

Edit: Incidentally, it's loading here on Optus 4G. Have a look at delisting your IP on SORBS and then fire off an email to mailblockreview@optusnet.com.au with a short desription on what is happening.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Many thanks that is excellent advice.  I have been able to delist the flagging as a result of a single spam email incident with both Sorbs and SPFBL, will check in about 24hrs to see if all resolved thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Have a look at my edited post above. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos