Searching...

Optus Wireless Broadband upgrade ISSUES!

Goose69811

Just got off the phone to Optus customer care trying to upgrade my 200gb home wireless broadband plan to a new 500gb wireless broadband plan only to be told that I would have to pay a cancellation fee of $144 dollars before Optus can move me to a new plan which uses the same equipment which I will be paying more for!! I then asked if I would be charged the same fee if I was moving to an NBN plan to which i was told no I wouldnt. I asked what the difference between the 2 scenarios was. The person on the other end of the phone had NO answer other than to say he was sorry. This experiance is only too typical of every interaction I have ever had with Optus customer service!

Can anyone help me to understand what the problem is!!!!!

Re: Optus Wireless Broadband upgrade ISSUES!

Davelew

Doesn't seem right to me.  What do you think @Dan_C, am I missing something here?

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Jeneral__Pain

This is a common problem that crops up when people want to go from plan series A to plan series B to pick up more data. 

So I've done some digging...

If you are currently on 200GB Home Wireless Broadband?

Now you want 500GB Home Wireless Broadband?

This is because you are "shifting from one promo group" to the "new promo group". The same thing would happen if you were jumping plans within regular mobile services. If you changed "within your plan (promo) suite" then no fee would apply, but as I said you are moving to a "new promo", this is tripping the recontract.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Paddylee

Also 2 different "products"

Though Home Wireless Broadband has now been removed from sale a replacement product with different product being Wireless Broadband they are seperate products. 

Not sure why HWB did not get a migration. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted

Goose69811

Yes that is the situation that I want to go from the 200 gb plan to the 500 gb plan. It is not as if I am asking for something for nothing here as I will be paying $80 per month instead of $60 per month not to mention as I indicated in my original post I already have the modem so no additional equipment required. In the realm of common sense I would have thought that if said company is offering a product that they could extract more money from the punter that would be a good thing especially when they could recontract me for another 24 months to keep me on the hook. I understand from what you have said there are lots of internal bureaucratic hurdles which is preventing the common sense approach being applied here. Is there any way in which this can be sorted out or am I better off paying the cancelation fee and looking for another provider so I don’t have to keep beating my head against the wall?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
86 Kudos
80 Kudos
63 Kudos
36 Kudos
35 Kudos