Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Sylvester_C
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Webmail Inbox folder

With the Optus Webmail Inbox folder, when you write one message or many, they will remain there forever unless you do this. You setup a PC mail client like Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird et cetera and login to your Optus mail account. All Inbox massages will be then downloaded to the client Inbox folder on your PC and moved from the Webmail Inbox.

I would like to do this also with the Optus Webmail Sent Mail folder. Download many sent massages in Webmail to my PC e-mail client and place them in a Sent Mail folder. How can I do this with 300 messages easily and quickly please?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Optus Webmail Inbox folder

Hi there @Sylvester_C, just to clarify, are you looking to use the OptusNet Webmail service with an external webmail client?

If so, you can view some helpful steps on how to set this up in our 'Using an email application with OptusNet email' guide. You can just select the email client you're using in that guide and you'll then be provided with the correct settings to use. 

If you do have any further questions, I recommend sending us a message via the My Optus App so our technical teams can assist directly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Sylvester_C
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jack,

Thanks for for your reply.

Yes, I will be using OptusNet Webmail service with an external webmail client. My question was about downloading all sent messages from Webmail.

Thanks for mentioning the link, but I have been using Microsoft Outlook for 10 years with Optus and know how to setup these things. To cut a long story, my computer crashed 3 months ago, and I have been using Webmail via another old PC. On a new PC, I will be back to Outlook soon.

I think I have found the only solution. In Webmail, Sent Mail folder, you select all via the More icon. You then click Forward . There will be multiple attachments as EML files. You forward this to yourself, logout of Webmail and open Microsoft Outlook . All the attached EML files should be there. Copy the EML files to the Sent folder in Outlook.

I will try this and I'll let you know if it works.

0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Great thinking @slyvester_c, although we will be unable to advise directly on third party services we will be able to advise in the best possible way in the meantime of you getting back on Outlook.

If you have any issues after selecting the More Icon, please send us an update through our 24/7 Messenger service and we will do our best to assist with your Optusnet email

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Sylvester_C
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

MY METHOD WAS INCORRECT AND WRONG! Forwarding as Multiple Attachments makes up just one, big e-mail message with all the messages embedded that scrolls on and on.

With Outlook setup the first time, it will download and move all messages from Webmail Inbox into Outlook Inbox. Move those messages to a temp folder in Outlook. Apart from Outlook, it will work in other e-mail clients

In Webmail Sent Mail folder, you select all via the More icon. Right click to move them to the Inbox. In Outlook, Receive mail, and all messages from Webmail will move to the Inbox. Move all those messages to Outlook Sent Items. Move the temp folder messages back to Inbox.

0 Kudos