cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Kartika

Re: Optus Webmail | Everything you need to know

Hi @joseph06, it depends which application you are using and the settings? Please refer to our Webmail → setup page to double check your settings.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Kartika wrote:

Hi @joseph06, it depends which application you are using and the settings? Please refer to our Webmail → setup page to double check your settings.

He's obviously referring to webmail, not a mail application. Exactly how long are the webmail sessions anyway. 15-20 minutes?

0 Kudos
joseph06
New Contributor
New Contributor

yes only about 20 minutes then i have to log in again  been happening for weeks  now

jawsjaws
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to have been fixed this afternoon - about 4-5 weeks later. Still nothing from moderators
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

You'd think they'd be eager to report that the problem has been fixed. Guess not 😕.

jawsjaws
Contributor
Contributor

this is a bit cheeky of me but there are no letters the same in "eager" and "optus"
Terry13
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is it still correct that you can have an Optusnet email account if you have an Optus Mobile only? Terry13

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Unfortunately not, @Terry13. You will need to have an active Broadband service with us to create an Optusnet email account. If you are interested in signing up to a fixed NBN Broadband service, we would recommend checking out our website for in-market offers, and/or contacting our friendly Sales Team on 1300 417 220 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm, Sat: 9am - 7pm, Sun: 9am - 6pm (AEST)) or via the My Optus App

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

neo01
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

And we are now back to the same issues arising with Optus Webmail ..this should not be occurring at anytime

Optus keeps saying it is fixed and days later it is all jammed up again with failures

If you are wanting to get rid of email services ..let us all know (instead of giving poor service so people leave/ stop usung it)- I am sure that 30% of your consumer base will also say Goodbye completely to Optus and take all their accounts including mobile and business elsewhere to someone that are happy to provide good service with email incuded

From what I am seeing is you have web developers- mainly used to working with social media platforms - trying develop the email server system - email servers are a separate format and their needs not to be so much development - just maintenance and server upgrade

neo01
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

And again webmail has failed - on all platforms and devices ... this is getting monotonous - and it seems it occurs hen it is most important

Optus needs to get their act together - get rid of the managers believing in agile management and get proper teams that can work on the write programs with the right coding .. not social media front enders who keep thinking email programming is easy and keep stuffing it up

0 Kudos
Top Contributors