Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus Webmail | Everything you need to know

I have just installed a home alert system which has gmail . I would like to add my optus email account but it keeps being rejected. Any hints ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@rbhamson wrote:

I have just installed a home alert system which has gmail . I would like to add my optus email account but it keeps being rejected. Any hints ?

Does it give you a reason it was rejected?

Regardless, I'd advise against relying on the Optus mail as for an alert system as it often does not deliver mail in a timely manner, and its not uncommon for there the hours delay in sending/receiving mails.

If you want to send alerts to your optusnet email I'd suggest adding a forward rule in gmail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

still cannot login to webmail

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I cannot access my webmail most of the time .
If I do manage to get in, it is exceedingly slow and wont let me delete items.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @cjgiles, sorry to hear about your Optus Webmail issue. Is this through an email application like Outlook, Windows mail etc? Does the issue replicate when you login directly via the Webmail → website? Has clearing the cookies / cache helped? How about using a different browser. If it is through an application then please refer to our Email → Help & Support page for more info.

If the issue still continues then please raise it with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello

I am having trouble with my optus webmail. It seems to be working very slowly and it will not allow me to delete emails or send any emails to spam. My inbox is getting fuller and fuller of spam and I can't remove it. When I try to spam an email, nothing happens, Can anybody help me with my problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm having trouble deleting spam and messages.  very slow and just won't do it

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @MJV, we had few customers reported the same issue. We have already flagged this with our Support team to look into. In the mean time can you confirm if the issue replicate when you login directly via the Webmail → website? Has clearing the cookies / cache helped? How about using a different browser. If it is through an application then please refer to our Email → Help & Support page for more info.

If the issue still continues then please raise it with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos