Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Optus Webmail | Everything you need to know

Here are some handy tips and frequently asked questions about Optus Webmail. From setup, troubleshooting and other nifty features that you mightn't have been aware of. 

Can all Optus customers get an email address?

You can attach an OptusNet email address to the following services:

• Optus Fixed Broadband services (ADSL, NBN & Cable)
  • Optus Mobile, Mobile Broadband and Wireless Broadband services (Postpaid & Prepaid)
  • We do offer$0.00 standalone email plans, contact us for details

How can I find my Optus email and password?

You can find your Optus Webmail username and password listed on the welcome email you received after signing up.

If you haven’t received your welcome email, check your junk/spam folder. Otherwise, message the team and they’ll be able to help.

How do I change my email password? 

For password reset instructions, see How do I change my Optus email password.

How much storage space does Optus webmail offer?

You can have up to 500MB worth of emails. To check your storage quota:

• Navigate to the Settings tab
  • Select Webmail Settings 
  • Select Quota.

Does Optus support IMAP?

Yes, see  IMAP VS POP3 email setup for mail server settings.

How do I setup email on my phone or tablet?

Setup instructions can differ from device to device. Check out our Device Guides for instructions specific to your device. Search for your device → Select Device Select Messages and Email → Select your preferred email setup configuration (POP3 or IMAP)

How do I setup my email on a desktop or laptop?

Depending on the email client you use, instructions can differ. For step-by-step instructions, see using an email application with OptusNet email.

How do I Import contacts to Optus Webmail?

• Ensure that the contacts you wish to import are in a vCard format (A file format that’s often attached to email messages)
  • Click the Import button on the menu bar of the Webmail Contacts tab
  • Select your desired vCard file from the relevant location on your device
  • Click Open- the vCard will then be imported into your Webmail contacts

How do I export contacts from Optus Webmail?

• Select desired contact(s) from the Webmail Contacts tab (Under the More Menu, there is an Export all option
  • Click the Export button on the menu bar
  • Select the format of the file you’d like to export (VCF for vCard or .CSV for Excel)

Need more help?

If you have any questions about Optus Webmail, please comment below 🙂

26 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus Webmail | Everything you need to know

Hi 

I have a optus home broadband services before and cancelled a month ago due to relocation, I was told my email account is available for 90 days so I can export all emails if need. However, I find out later I cant login the account and so a week ago, your colleagus help me to reactivate my email address. However, all my old emails gone, I need the old emails back, can you let me know what I can do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi mabel99,

I'm afraid you will need to contact Optus again to see if this is possible. 

We’re limited to supporting critical queries only at the moment.  While we are working to address this, you can message us with urgent issues in My Optus app or you can self-serve, or check out the contact options below.

We’re prioritising customers with the following urgent issues:

• don’t have a working internet connection
  • can’t make or receive calls,
  • are experiencing financial hardship
  • are reporting unauthorised activity on your account
  • you need help due to a medical condition

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus Webmail - 90 days active after cancellation

Hi Ray YC

Thanks for reply. 

Yes I have My Optus App, but since there is no current service attached, I cannot message from there at all. 

I did read some past post and apparently they complain to TIO, and then finally optus fixed the issue.

It is no good if your team advise we have 90 days active email account to sort out our historic emails, but in fact you shut it down soon after cancellation.

I assume I need to call again, if I can get answer by your busy support line.  I will try

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I cannot access any emails for over one month now. I've tried changing password.  No success.

My account starts with hidden - and I read I therefore have to contact Optus.  How do I now do this?

Please sort this out, as I am missing important emails.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I cant receive emails (box full) how do I empty it .Has been blocked for 3 weeks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Have you tried logging into your Optusnet via Webmail?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I had the same problem for the first time about a month ago. It seems that we now have to log into "Webmail" and empty folders manually (even the inbox) With spam & deleted folders, click on the cog wheel and follow options (2 I think) there you  will be able to  manage spam & deleted where you can click on the "empty" button. With the  inbox you will have to do that from the Inbox view and do it manually/ Click manage folders at the top bar then select all and  then hit the trash can button. You have to do this manually ( a total pain in the "A") but it is the only way I have found to do it.  I think that  Optus may have reduced the capacity of our webmail as I have never had to do this before. Hope this helps!!!!!

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

I "upgraded" from Optus Cable Internet to Optus NBN and lost access to my Primary Email Address and Secondary email addresses two days prior. The Primary has been reactivated but I have lost the backlog of emails. The NBN Account application clearly stated the email addresses to be transferred. Has any one experienced this changeover issue to Optus NBN from Optus Cable?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Go to your SPAM and Trash folders separately. In the menu at the top, you will see a circle with a slash through it. Use that to empty the folders.

0 Kudos