cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Optus Spam Blocking is woefully useless

Optus - why can't your SPAM filters block this rubbish?

If I try to send it to any SPAm reporting service (including your own Optus one) it gets rejected by your outgoing SPAm filter...which strangely knows it is SPAM....

Any chance you could use the same rules on incoming SPAM????

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 2.32.41 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-17 at 2.32.27 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-17 at 2.32.07 pm.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus Spam Blocking is woefully useless

Ow my eyes. Now you've spammed us. 🐵

Yes the Optus spam filter is poor (the report spam options of little to no effect). You should be moving to an email address that has much better features (plus you don't lose it if you ever leave Optus). Recent Threads:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Huge-increase-in-Spam-emails/td-p/611713

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/WiFi/Spam-email-daily-flood/m-p/625081
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Optus Spam Blocking is woefully useless

Optus should be named and shamed over thus, especially as their outgoing filters would not let it out. I guess that means they care more about the legal stuff than customers...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Optus Spam Blocking is woefully useless - some more spam to help train you incoming filters

here you go Optus....some more spam to train your filters on... 😞

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 8.25.40 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-21 at 8.25.18 am.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Optus Spam Blocking is woefully useless - some more spam to help train you incoming filters

here you go Optus....some more emails to update your incoming SPAM checker...

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.28.32 am.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos