Searching...
Highlighted

Optus Sagemcom Modem frequent internet dropouts when connecting the home security Ethernet cables

PanCaash

Hi,

I recently moved to Optus NBN from Optus Cable and it’s been a nightmare L. The modem provided to me Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864V3 HP (the black one) is the culprit. Whenever I connect the Ethernet cables of my home security to it (Bosch alarm and Hikvision cameras), the internet starts dropping every 10 minutes and then comes back. If I remove the Ethernet cables, the wifi works fine. I have called Optus technical team multiple times but they are useless. The best they do is send a technician to my place who replaces the modem with the same new modem. So basically crap replaced by crap. The last few days have been so frustrating!!

Is anyone facing the same problem? Can someone please help me? I am so desperate for any solution.

Re: Optus Sagemcom Modem frequent internet dropouts when connecting the home security Ethernet cable

One2019

Recently I moved from Optus cable to Optus NBN.  also having frequent drop out. may be a few times a day.  last for a few minute.  dropout on LAN connection as well.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
72 Kudos
50 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos