cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Sagemcom F@st 5366 sip alg

I have an Optus Sagemcom F@st 5366 modem. My wife is now working from home and uses a work IP Phone. We have a voip phone account as well.

Ideally I would like to continue to have my home phone running but am prepared to remove if need be.

I have tried forwarding the ip phones address with ports 5060 and 10000-10100.

I'm told I have to turn off the sip alg settings as well but can'y find this setting.

Any suggestions on where to find or anything else I'm missing would be very handy,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus Sagemcom F@st 5366 sip alg

Hey @Pjdlugi, thanks for reaching out. Were you having issues with your landline? If you could please provide some context on the concern at hand, I would be more than happy to look into it and assist in the best possible way 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Pjdlugi wrote:

I have an Optus Sagemcom F@st 5366 modem.

What type of internet do you have (FTTP, FTTC, etc?)

Ideally I would like to continue to have my home phone running but am prepared to remove if need be.

Optus uses 5060, so if you forward that for use by other services then your Optus phone is unlikely to work. I don't know if the Sagemcom is handling the Optus phone calls before or after it allows the ports to be forward, but I'm assuming its after.

I have tried forwarding the ip phones address with ports 5060 and 10000-10100.

For 5060, are you forwarding both UDP and TCP?

I'm told I have to turn off the sip alg settings as well but can'y find this setting.

On the Sagemcom you have no control over anything VoIP related. Disabling SIP alg is only needed for some routers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

So to ensure there is no conflict with the home phone is simply disabling the service sufficient or do I need then have optus change something so that my wife's work phone which uses a data port will work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

The problem is not the existence of the service, so Optus disabling it will not make a difference.

The problem is that the Sagemcom is effectively consuming VoIP related data so there is nothing to be passed on, and Optus will not make any configuration changes on the Sagemcom to fix the issue because in their eyes there is no issue but you are wanting a change that breaks their Optus phone service.

0 Kudos