Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Kirben
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Personal Web Space problem

I'm having a problem with the personal web space that used to be provided by Optus, accessed via an FTP client at members.optusnet.com.au.

One of my accounts is only letting me upload 5MB of files to the Optus web personal space, giving a 'disk quota exceeded' error.  The limit is 10MB per personal web space, so seems like there are hidden file(s) that I can not delete or a problem with the disk quota set on that account.

Are there any Optus representatives that can resolve this problem? I tried phone support, but they were completely useless, unable to actually make any changes to this old web hosting service.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: Optus Personal Web Space problem

Hey there @Kirben, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about you Webmail troubles. Are you able to confirm if you can do the following?

Are you able to browse websites?

→ Check for any mail server outages

Check to see if there are any outages impacting our email servers.

If there are any current outages, provide with an estimated restoral time if there is one and you can check the status of the outage online via the Optus Network Status page

Do you receive a specific email error message?

→ Have you installed any new software or updated existing?

If you've installed a new firewall or antivirus program or have installed updates, the settings within either of these pieces of software may be configured to stop or interfere with email traffic.

Please let us know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Kirben
New Contributor
New Contributor

Do you even read my original message? your response has nothing at all to do with it. Don't bother responding, if you aren't going to even read the original message at all.

The web hosting for the Optus personal web space is limited to only 5MB for one of my accounts, when it should be 10MB. This problem can only be resolved by someone with admin access to that web hosting.

Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I dont see how its a "Web Mail" issue when its very clearly a personal webspace hosted by Optus issue. Perhaps its just a bot?
Rob_YC

Hey @Kirben, sorry for the confusion with this one. We can get this looked into from our side. Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

We recommend messaging us via the My Optus app. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

If phone support cant help, its a bit of a dead end.
Pretty sure its not been offered to new customers for quite a few years - so actually finding someone with access/knowledge would be the issue.

Perhaps using one of the many paid hosting services out there?

I am not sure what this forum is used for now - at least other Telcos assist customers in their forums.
0 Kudos