cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Overhead Cable Removal

Spoiler
Evening Crowd,

I have seen a few posts regarding this issue but most were quite dated so I was hoping for something more relevant to now. I need to get the old Cable line removed from the house for reno's....how do I get this done and does it came at a cost? Thanks in advance.

TimV11
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus Overhead Cable Removal

Same process as of old Tim. Just contact Optus directly and request it. Some guy in a van will come around in the next few weeks and chop it down. You don't need to be home. Their is no cost. Sometimes they'll give you a date though
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Peter has summed it up for you.

More info here if you like Timv11: Removal of Overhead Cable

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor
New Contributor

How does one contact Optus (without an account) to have a cable removed at the moment if it is not classed as "critical"? It is about to stop a building project (people's jobs) so maybe it should be classed as critical?

If you can kindly advise.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

They will apparently answer eventually. Its up to the agent to decide if its critical.

1. Call 133 937
2. DON'T press 1 to be sent the link to chat
3. Stay on the line then you will be asked to press various options
4. Wait...

Same thing for Facebook or Twitter. Give it a go.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Peter, appreciate your help!
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

well i had the go around a few weeks back

eventually they told me to lodge a form for Report Damage or Hazard to Optus Network

I got an email saying they'll contact me in 2 business days. and its been a month since 😛

PS some random guy was going to all the power poles today and disconnecting the cables from the hubs, so thought maybe he was going to remove the cable to my house. but no, just disconnecting all the cables from the hub and leaving them there. not sure whats going on.

0 Kudos