Searching...

Optus Net is blocking my outgoing emails as spam

GaryMann

This has happened to me twice in the last two days with different email addresses.  When I try to send emails, I get a reply from the System Administrator which reads:

551 5.7.6 Message rejected as spam (CM).

These emails have been sent by me.  In both cases the emails are not spam, they are in fact very important and urgent (they are about financial transactions I must resolve urgently).

One of the recepients did send me an email which was marked as spam by the filter.  I found this and did mark it as "Not Spam", but the spam filter has since caught later emails from the same address.  Once I mark an email address as Not Spam I would like to receive all subsequent emails from the same address. 

I do not have another email address I can send emails from.

Can I have some guidance about how to resolve these issues?

Re: Optus Net is blocking my outgoing emails as spam

figuresofstick

Hi Gary,

What is the email address of the System Administrator? Is it an optus email address or is it from the person's domain (the part after the @ symbol) you are trying to send to?

If it is from the person you are trying to send to's domain then they will need to ask their System administrator to remove your your email address from their blacklist.

If it is from Optus then you will need to contact Optus technical support in order to resolve this issue in the most timely manner.

Regards,

Chris

GaryMann

The sender box just says "System Administrator".  When I click on this it does not give me any more information about the sender.  What does this mean?

I am getting the exact same behaviour for two completely different email address, whose owners do not know each other, so I do not believe this can be caused by the receivers.

jabbajaws77

Hey GaryMann

Sorry to hear of your troubles Smiley Sad

Optus does have a team that can check and update the filter if there are issues.

Messages can be marked as SPAM for many different reasons and this is based on what other users also class as spam, it might just be a link in the email or something.

Send them the email you are trying to send directly to mailblockreview@optusnet.com.au and they will let you know if they were able to clear the SPAM marker.

Jabba

* Don't forget to mark the post that solves your query and give Kudos for helpful comments Smiley Happy

Esther

Please keep us posted how you get on!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

GaryMann

I did call the support telephone number.  That call lasted 90 minutes, the service assistant kept telling me that the spam blocking was at the other end when I knew it was not.  He eventually did forward some of the emails in question to the mailblockreview email address given by jabbajaws77.  Five minutes later they send me an email saying my filter settings had been changed, and this fixed the problem!

Moral of the story: The Optus web site should publicize that mailblockreview email address more, rather than tell people to call the support telephone number.  And it should ensure its support assistant actually know what this service provides.

Highlighted

jabbajaws77

Great to hear mate!

I have come across this address in other posts previously and agree it is pretty hard to locate in general.

Don't forget to mark this thread as resolved and pick an appropriate solution Smiley Wink

Wishing you a less stressful weekend coming Smiley Tongue

Jabba

* Don't forget to mark the post that solves your query and give Kudos for helpful comments Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
84 Kudos
80 Kudos
68 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos