Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus NBN Landline drop out when calling 13 or 1300 numbers

Hi,

I have tried twice to log this issue and have not had anyone from Optus reply. In fact I am still awaiting a Ticket number which was never supplied on both occasions.

My Optus Landline works well EXCEPT when dialling 13 or 1300 numbers. Working from home with Covid this is very frustrating when trying to speak with the ATO spending thirty, forty, fifty minutes on hold and finding the phone drops out when the ATO agent picks up.

We have reverted to using a Mobile and there is no issue. Considering now Optus charges for 13 and 1300 numbers. This is another slap to the face. I tried messaging again today but was kicked off. Can someone get back to me with an answer?

Original complaint sent to messaging group today.

Hi. My Optus phone line has problem with 13 numbers. As an example 137286 ATO, 1300 852 232 ATO and 1300139816 NSW land tax. Sometimes it does not connect and at other times it disconnect whilst waiting on the queue just as an agent picks up. The phone number effected is (02) xxxxxxxx . The same 13 and 1300 number used on a mobile phone works. This is my third attempt for a fix. I never received a Ticket number or any updates.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus NBN Landline drop out when calling 13 or 1300 numbers

I forgot to add. The Phone attached is an old school handset not portable (Wired). no Fax attached just a simple handset with a wireless headset. Yes the problem also happens if the Wireless headset is not used and it is only the handset.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Optus NBN Landline drop out when calling 13 or 1300 numbers

Hi RobN

We won't be able to assist too much here on the forum. If you send our Social Media team a message on Facebook or Twitter they'll be able to raise this with the relevant teams for investigation.

0 Kudos