cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Optus Mobile USB Broadband

Wow, so odd. I just don't understand how/why it's doing it.. Be funny if the one I've bought does the same thing.. If it doesn't then I'd be more confused but would happily send it to you for appraisal. Sadly today was the last day they had here chance getting the device to me.. I'll have to deal with it the next time I'm at the address.

Clearly wait but I wonder if you was to purchase another ($40 odd dollars) and see if you could try the new one on a system that hasn't had any form of dongle installed..

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Ok maybe no solution (sort of) to your current issue but have more questions.

If you was to pop into the directory (assuming standard path) c:\programdata\MobileBrServ\log and open mbbservice.exe_SYSTEM.log you'll notice the call....

"INFO: OpenIE" and go to the homepage: http://192.168.8.1?version=22.001.27.01.74" or similar.

Do you see any further added OpenIE commands?

Now of course the modems page loads to check if it have a current soft/firmware so the next step should not be considered.

Naturally don't have the device connected to the system.

Step back one directory from above, right click ArConfig.dat, select copy, right click away from a file, paste. (You should see a copy of the file, if not create one!).

Open "Notepad" then drag ArConfig.dat to notepad and drop. (Should open)

Locate the command [OPEN_URL] at "auto_open_url=" change the "1" to a "0", close/save then reboot.

The icon on the desktop should operate as normal and hopefully not revert the *.dat file

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor Annoyed88
Occasional Contributor

I followed all of your steps dave, and it apears to have worked. Thank you.

Is the same thing happening to your device?

Most people don't have the time to worry about modifying comand lines. Unfortunately I do 😞

I still don't understand why "Optus" has added this to the app. They must have some sort of affiliation with the company.

I hate how companies can be so deceptive about the way they force advertizing on it's user. I'm an avid adblock user, but I only use it to block obtrusive adds, becauase I understand if everyting is free the quality of the content will almost always be reduced.

Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Cool, happy the little edit helped out.. 

No I never got all the extra web pages like yourself just the Optus one, that would annoy me enough not having the ability to even deactivate that.

Still the result it seems I still a positive one and I'm just glad my purchase ect helped.

Cheers Dave

Top Contributors