Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Mobile USB Broadband

Hello. I have an Optus usb broadband dongle. When ever it connects to the internet the HiLink page opens , which tells me I'm connected to the internet and I can check my messages. I don't have a problem with this opening automaticly, however I would like an option to turn it off.

What does ANNOY me is the dongle will also open the MSN Homepage. For those who are wondering msn is not my homepage. this will only happen when I plug the usb dongle in. It does not happen over wifi. My guess is it's some kind of "bloatware" or a bug from Optus.

I have contacted Optus live help 3 times and also contacted a phone opperator. No one seams to understand what I'm talking about untill I have explained to them 500 times msn is not my homepage. During a google search I noticed that in the past Optus has had some kind of affiliation with msn. I'm not sure if this means anything. GRRR

thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus Mobile USB Broadband

Hi there,

Could you supply the model number ect of the device.. I'll do some hunting.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Iโ€™m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Device name:E3372
IMEI: 
IMSI : 
My number:Unknown
Hardware version:CL2E3372HM
Software version:22.315.01.00.74
Web UI version:17.100.14.00.74
LAN MAC address:BA:AB:BE:34:00:00
WAN IP Address: 
PCI:90
Cell ID: 
RSRQ:-5dB
RSRP:-100dBm
RSSI:-75dBm
SINR:10dB
LTE Bandwidth:20M
LTE Band info:7

I hope this is what you mean.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Yep, the model number is there. Can I assume you purchased this via Optus or some other online means (name)?

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Iโ€™m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I 'm pretty sure I purchased it from Big W. it was in Optus packaging.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Ok. Tedious I know but have you tried it in any other USB accepting devices with a similar result? I'm going to purchase one and see if it's an isolated event, of course this'll take a few biz day to arrive.

Cheers Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

To add I've pulled the lappy out of retirement and plug in a E8372 and naturally everything works as normal with no crazy pages loading up. It'll be interesting to see what's different in the new purchase.. 

Cheers Dave

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I haven't tried in a different computer yet, I only have the one ๐Ÿ˜ž I will try a different usb port though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Sadly seems like AUSPOST is delivering the new dongle by push bike.. 

Any update on using it on another PC?

Cheers Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Haha wouldn't surprise me. I've seen those postie push-bikes getting around. seams to be an inefficient way.

Yes I have tried it on another computer, same thing...

0 Kudos