Searching...

Optus Might be the worlds worst telephone company.

illiinfans

9 days, 15 calls, numerous chats and I still don't have internet setup or even applied to with Optus. 

I was just told today I was denied a credit check also even though I was just approved a $10,000 credit card with ANZ. I have lived all over the world, and have honestly never experienced something as ridiculous as this. Their needs to be a better way of getting internet setup in this country. 

What is even better, is today I was transferred 5 times in chat, then 4 times on the phone. 7 of the 9 people couldn't find my account, 1 said it was all good and coming, and the one before I said I was approved said I was denied due to a credit check. Does anyone have any idea what is going on at this company?

Re: Optus Might be the worlds worst telephone company.

Caledoz

@illiinfans

What is going on is exactly what you have just described, it's total customer service chaos.

It is like a third world country provider, but do despair, because I think that most of them are the same :-(

All I can say is good luck, you will need it, as well as a lot of time on your hands and a colossal amount of patience.

illiinfans

It is seriously a joke. I was in town in the US that had 10,000 people...I could get download speeds of 25mbps, and upload of 5. It literally took an hour to setup (I already had a modem). I called, I paid, I had internet. I found out last week it would take FIFTEEN more days to get it going once it is all approved. 

As much as people bash on the US, they do a lot very very right. 

I am still in totaly shock that they are this bad. 

lettej

Don't insult the third world.  I've just spent 3 weeks in regional Sri Lanka and had great internet, then I came home to this mess.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Caledoz

@lettej Let me rephrase this then, it is much worst than a third world country ;-)

@illiinfans Maybe they need a new CEO to "make Optus great again" (because they use to be pretty good ....a loooong time ago !

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
38 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos