cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor illiinfans
New Contributor

Optus Might be the worlds worst telephone company.

9 days, 15 calls, numerous chats and I still don't have internet setup or even applied to with Optus. 

I was just told today I was denied a credit check also even though I was just approved a $10,000 credit card with ANZ. I have lived all over the world, and have honestly never experienced something as ridiculous as this. Their needs to be a better way of getting internet setup in this country. 

What is even better, is today I was transferred 5 times in chat, then 4 times on the phone. 7 of the 9 people couldn't find my account, 1 said it was all good and coming, and the one before I said I was approved said I was denied due to a credit check. Does anyone have any idea what is going on at this company?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Optus Might be the worlds worst telephone company.

@illiinfans

What is going on is exactly what you have just described, it's total customer service chaos.

It is like a third world country provider, but do despair, because I think that most of them are the same :-(

All I can say is good luck, you will need it, as well as a lot of time on your hands and a colossal amount of patience.

New Contributor illiinfans
New Contributor

It is seriously a joke. I was in town in the US that had 10,000 people...I could get download speeds of 25mbps, and upload of 5. It literally took an hour to setup (I already had a modem). I called, I paid, I had internet. I found out last week it would take FIFTEEN more days to get it going once it is all approved. 

As much as people bash on the US, they do a lot very very right. 

I am still in totaly shock that they are this bad. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor lettej
Occasional Contributor

Don't insult the third world.  I've just spent 3 weeks in regional Sri Lanka and had great internet, then I came home to this mess.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@lettej Let me rephrase this then, it is much worst than a third world country ;-)

@illiinfans Maybe they need a new CEO to "make Optus great again" (because they use to be pretty good ....a loooong time ago !

0 Kudos
Top Contributors