cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Mazzz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Mail sent me an email rejected message for one of its own IP addresses !

I’m a long term Optus customer.   Today received ‘Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender’ message when I sent a legitimate email to a legitimate and often used external business email address.  Gist of the message is that the receiving server has an Optus IP address marked as blocked!  It is 211.29.132.97

So Optus is reporting to me that one of its own IP addresses is blocked!  Delivery report:

Final-Recipient: rfc822; xxxxx@lungfoundation.com.au
Original-Recipient: rfc822;xxxxx@lungfoundation.com.au
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mail.lungfoundation.com.au
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-delivery from 211.29.132.97 is rejected. Check at
550-http://www.commtouch.com/Site/Resources/Check_IP_Reputation.asp.
Reference 550 code:tid=0001.0A150301.5A507350.0042

Does anyone know for sure how to do this please?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus Mail sent me an email rejected message for one of its own IP addresses !

Squinting in rhe sun here looking at that error message I do beilieve the recipient has rejected that email not Optus. I must say it's not uncommon for an internet service provider to have their mail server blocked and there can be numerous reasons for that. When I check the Optus mail server IP against a popular block list tool it shows 2 different mail filters have blocked that Optus mail server IP.

Often just restarting your modem or device or waiting for a short period of time you will end up using a different mail server so the problem will resolve itself. In the event that you get stuck on the same mail server you may need to contact support to make them aware of the problem.

https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Mazzz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus Mail sent me an email rejected message for one of its own IP addresses !

Thanks Yeldarb.  

When I looked up that link that was in the delivery failure report, it identified the IP address was blocked by the recipient’s Mail Server which is running Cyren mail software, and I found that Cyren mail software has the Optus IP address marked as High Risk!

I’ll restart the modem and cross fingers.  If that doesn’t work, do you have any suggestion on how I can contact Optus Support without going into their endless phone queue? 

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know of any shortcuts around the overwhelmed support system unfortunately. Should you run into a problems you may need to send email to that recipient via another email address.