Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
yeshaseeb
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Landline Broadband internet - change of ownership

Hello Folks,

I am moving house and i don't need Optus internet connection . I have contract ending in July 2018. If I, transfer this contract to someone. Does new owner have to pay connection charges which first incurred? or he will keep paying off monthly charges?

And anyone who is interested to take connection ownership, Please respond thread 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus Landline Broadband internet - change of ownership

Normally when moving house Optus will just setup a new connection at the new house and your contract continues as is. 

Nothing stopping you nominating a mates household I suppose. Regardless of any outcome you'll generally owe the outstanding amount of your contract (i.e. someone has to pay it)

You can officially transfer ownership here

I'd suggest you contact Optus directly and ask them what the cancel fee would be - might be simpler all round.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
PhilC
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus Landline Broadband internet - change of ownership

Hi @yeshaseeb just to clarify if you were to transfer the ownership of the account, this service would still be located at the same address (or the address you're leaving). It's not possible to process a change of ownership and relocation order at the same time. If you do not wish to relocate your service to the new address, and there is no-one in the house willing to take over the account cancellation fees may apply. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos