Searching...

Optus Huawei 4G B525 router operate all devices in WiFi isolation?

tasmanianguy

Hi,

Recently received an Optus Huawei 4G Router B525.

All the laptops, iPads are connected fine to the Huawi 4G Router B525, including the Brother MFC printer connected to the WiFi network.  The configuration sheet for the printer tells me it is connected.  However the laptops or the iPads will find the Brother MFC printer on the network.

I was wondering if this is because the Optus Huawei WiFi network operates every network device in isolation e.g. wireless isolation?

Cheers,

Re: Optus Huawei 4G B525 router operate all devices in WiFi isolation?

Jeneral__Pain

No, the device does not operate in WiFi isolation mode.

I have similar issues with my Brother MFC on a Ubiquiti ACAP-Lite hardwired access point.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

tasmanianguy

Thanks for the quick reply, I wonder why the printer cannot be seen from any device then on the WiFi network the Optus Huawei 4G B525 provides?  Would the easiest fix would be to buy an access point, connect it physically to the Huawei and setup the printer and connect only the devices that are needed to print to the access point, and include the printer on the same access point.

Jeneral__Pain

Could you not plug the printer into the Huawei? 

I had the exact same problem you had with my fixed network at home.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
53 Kudos
50 Kudos
31 Kudos
20 Kudos