cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Katelynandjoe
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus FTTC won’t connect

Hi @petergdownload 

Just thought i would give you an update. An NBN tech has came round and fixed most of the issues.
Firstly, we were not using an ethernet cable (as ADSL plug is different than NBN one). As we had the same modem for ADSL and NBN we just naturally assumed this would work.

Secondly, he replaced the old wall plug.

Now, all 4 lights are blue on NBN box and the internet on modem is all working. NBN has said everything is all working on his side. However, i still cannot connect the internet?? I can access page 192.168.0.1 says "you are connected to broadband" which always said not connceted before. However, when i try to load a page it wont work? 

I have done a factory reset and tried resetting NBN box as well to no avail? Any advice would be appreciated, touch wood we are almost there.

Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the update.

Yes it does sound a lot closer. I think you'll need to contact Optus LIVECHAT and step though this last bit. I see it as possibly:

1) NBN have opened the tap but Optus have yet to turn the tap on at their end.

2) Have you tried connecting via wifi?

3) Confirm that DHCP is turned on and handing out IP addresses to your equipment

4) Your PC settings are perhaps not quite right. Is the network setting set to connect on Auto?

A Optus tech should be able to step you through the connection if needed but I suspect it might still be and issue on the Optus end.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi - when you are logged into 192.168.0.1 , Device Info Screen - do you see an Optus WAN IP 4 Address in the table and do you see Optus Primary and Secondary DNS Server Information there? When you say, you have Broadband acknowledgement working, I assume this means NBN side all good,  but when you open up a Web Browser, it won't connect - do you get an Error Page from your Browser saying that or does your Browser reconnect you back to the 192.168.0.1 page? A friend of mine recently had the later continuous loop back symptom on a Telstra Modem - fixed by 'Clear Out Data Cache' in the Browser Settings. 

Not sure if accurate, and you may wish to check with Optus regarding your ADSL User Name and Password - I don't think they are required for NBN connection authentication processes - if entered, they may be ignored if not required and not cause any issues when enabled.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors