cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Katelynandjoe
Occasional Contributor

Optus FTTC won’t connect

Hi!

I have been trying for 3 months to connect my Optus FTTC NBN. After setup 3 out of 4 lights (on nbn box) are solid blue, I can even connect to the WIFI on my phone however no pages will load.

When I go on 192.168.0.1 it states not connected. I login to the setup with correct information but it won’t connect.

I am able to use my adsl + connection once I disconnect the nbn box, however the adsl in our area is not very good.

Would appreciate any assistance, I wait on Optus Chat for hours only to be told someone will call me back. They never do! Thank you ! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus FTTC won’t connect

Hi,

ADSL in every is not very good (that's why they built the NBN to replace it Smiley Happy)

Three lights blue means the NBN FTTC is successfully connected to the internet. However its possible Optus haven't activated your NBN plan or modem on their end. NBN FTTC setup

One big thing is to ensure the NBN modem is plugged into the Optus modem WAN port (Cat5). This is the network port that is a different colour to the others.

At this stage the only people who can help you are Optus. Yes I realise they never do actually call back so you need to get in actual contact and have them step through setting you up. There may be things they still need to do on their end. Best option in my experience is load the Optus App on your phone. It has a chat option and you can use this to talk about your internet while it is not working. I would be asking:

1) Can you confirm the NBN has actually set my home up for FTTC?

2) Can Optus detect your modem from their end?

3) Can Optus  run a line speed test on their end?

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Peter.

I will load up the app sometime today or tomorrow and ask them questions to Optus! 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Also check that WAN port is being used. Good Luck.

Occasional Contributor

Cheers ! Definitely using WAN port. Have tried again and checked the setup but no luck. 

Sucks everything seems to work it’s just the last step. 3 solid blue lights, wifi signs in,  just no ability to load any pages and on the http://192.168.0.1 website the sign in won’t work 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you are getting to the 192.168.0.1login page but can't login then that's just pasword credentials. These should be listed on the modem. Just do a factory reset and you should be able to login?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter,

Have reset the modem and tried again however still no luck. The username it asks for is the one that is @OPTUSNET, same for the webchat.

it works for the adsl but won’t work when trying to connect to nbn? 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I can only suggest you need to contact Optus directly while at the modem. The issue might be a setting on their end but it should be a fairly easy process for them to step you though the setup and confirm each bit is as planned. As you've noted, don't bother with any call backs, just wait until someone answers and perhaps try to get through the the technical department. I find using the Optus Mobile App is effective. Just let them talk you through the process.

NBN Usually the login and password is on a sticker on the modem after a reset.

Also confirm you have the right model (if a specific one is needed) modem for FTTC with Optus

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter,

I have contacted Optus directly who have told me the following:

Hey Katelyn I can see on our end our Tech team have gone ahead and cancelled the NBN order. It seems our system restriction prevented it from moving along with activation as normal.

We can always try and put through the order for you again if you'd like, or alternatively we are able to release you from your contract, based on your experience with us. Let us know how you would like to proceed.

Do you have any idea about what a system restriction would be? We kept being told the nbn was rejected but never was able to find out why. Now they have told us it’s cancelled.

Is our only option to ask them to try again ? Very confused Smiley Sad 

thankyou 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Katelynandjoe 

That does sound very confusing and a limp response. 

I sent a PM with some possible options.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors