Searching...
Highlighted

Optus DSL with ASUS AC68u

gdsmith82

Hi all

I’m decent with computers but not with internet settings. Just switched over to Optus ADSL2 after more than a decade at iiNet, so haven’t had to set up anything in a long time.

I’ve got the internet working with the modem provided by Optus, but can’t get it to work with an ASUS AC68U modem/router. It’s set to PPPOE LLC PAP, username and password are correct. Id like to use this modem as its easier to configure Plex and a Synology server.

The ASUS portal tells me I have a connection to the internet, but anything I do takes me to Optus Servicenet. Servicenet says to log on for additional information, but none of my username/password will log me in. Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

Re: Optus DSL with ASUS AC68u

SillyGogo

you shouldn't need to enter the password.

Update to the latest firmware for your ASUS. 

Run the setup Wizard ..that should connect. 

But you will loss your optus phone line. 

Did a quick google search and found this reponse from another forum..https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2500307 see if it helps. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Optus DSL with ASUS AC68u

MPDD

Upgraded firmware

Selected NBN (Auto IP) from drop down (in the wizard)

Connected

Thanks for everyones help on here & whirlpool. Turns out it didnt have to be too technical in the end.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
72 Kudos
50 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos