cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Cable dropouts with Apple products

Hi,

I have a new installation, 1 month old. Since the day it was connected, all the apple devices, macbook pro and iphones experience drop outs every 2 minutes.

Had the tech come out, he said that although we have the Netgear Modem, and Sergecom router, we needed to buy an apple airport.

Purchased an apple airport and this has made no difference at all.

Conatacted support again, and they said they would send a tech out. I took time from work to hang around all day and they never showed up.

How do I make this work? I am days from cancelling and going to Telstra and I will take the bill to the TIO because its a completely unusable service. If Optus don't support apple products, they should say so when going to purchase the product. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Optus Cable dropouts with Apple products

Hey @Maurina0,

I'm sorry we couldn’t get to you sooner. I've been going trawling through a number of answered threads and I just wanted to check in and see how things were going?

It's a bit of an odd one. Have you tried changing your WiFi channel settings. I've included a link to instructions below:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony-Knowledge/How-to-change-your-Wi-Fi-channel-and-...

Please let us know if you still need a hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos