Searching...
Accepted Solution

Optus Cable Modem drivers (old)

Silentdragon88
Hi I currently have optus cable with DPC2203C modem.

I have looked on the website and the latest drivers are for window xp, I currently have windows 8 and which means when I connect the Ethernet cable to my laptop it doesn't work so it says on the cd to connect the USB I do that and then when it searches for the drivers it doesn't work and I downloaded the xp drivers from the official website and it doesn't work either.

Also I'd like to know is my IP static? As I bought a new router TP-Link Arc1750 which I had trouble setting up when my internet was working fine, I had it set to dynamic and it wouldn't detect it.

Now when I connect the cable to my laptop without the router so as in directly it doesn't work either as I have to configure it with the USB connected to the modem.

Can I upgrade my modem? If so how much does it cost?

Today I spent 1hr and 20mins on hold calling tech support, I didn't end up speaking to anybody so I'm trying to find my answers online

Any help would be much appreciated.<br><br>Thank you.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Glen<br>

Re: Optus Cable Modem drivers (old)

retrogame
Use an Ethernet connection from your laptop to the modem, it will be much better and no drivers are needed.

Silentdragon88
I already tried that but it says it cannot find the IP address it is set to something like 169. Instead of 122.
Solution

Silentdragon88
ANSWER: You must hold down the reset button for 20seconds, then take out the battery and turn off the power for 1 hour. then put in the battery and it should work Smiley Happy Last question: how much does it cost to upgrade my modem to a non wireless standard one? thats a bit updated then the one i already have?
Solution

Julz

Hey Silentdragon88 - a replacement modem costs $60. It'll be replaced with a Netgear CG3000 V2 Wireless Modem/Router. We don't supply a non-wireless modem at the moment. You're free to use your own router if you like. Fill in the form & we'll give you a call to organise the replacement. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Silentdragon88
Can I ask will this make my speeds any faster then the one I have already? Is it worth upgrading. Thanks.

Julz
The modem is capable of faster speeds however it depends on the plan you're on. You can choose to add an additional speed pack that can boost your speeds beyond the current cap.
In general it's:
Base Speed:
-30mpbs down & 2 mbos up
-$10 Speed pack 52 mpbs down & 2 mbos up
-$20 speed pack 100 mbps down & 2 mbps up
(For traffic within Australia)
Some of us are lucky enough to have the premium speeds build into their plan however I'd need to see your account to confirm this.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Silentdragon88
can i message you directly with my account details so you can check please? I would pay extra for my upload speed to go up as at the moment its only 500k and my download is 20mb I would pay extra to have just a little more upload speed as when i play online games i lag and my other team members lag even more because my upload speed is low.. Smiley Sad

Ryan

@Silentdragon88 wrote:
can i message you directly with my account details so you can check please? I would pay extra for my upload speed to go up as at the moment its only 500k and my download is 20mb I would pay extra to have just a little more upload speed as when i play online games i lag and my other team members lag even more because my upload speed is low.. Smiley Sad

I've responded to your enquiry in another Topic. Let us know if you need a hand further with this Smiley Happy

Jan_D

What you described is not a faulty hardware device, but wrong drivers installed and incorrect settings applied to your Wi-Fi extender or router. In this case, I would remove the Windows XP drivers and head directly to the modem's manufacturer's website and download the appropriate drivers from their support page. As for your modem and finding its static IP, I would access the gateway/modem router via its default address into a browser and then looking around for something related to network settings

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
72 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
27 Kudos