Searching...

Re: Optus Cable Heavy Congestion

john8170

Try again as i got discount for the next 12 months today.

john8170

Ring them as i got 12 months discount today.

kiwler

How did you manage to even get 12 months discount? All i get is the same old reply that is there is no ETA time on the upgrade and to hang on tight. 

Roamnski

Well, since I changed my plan to My Entertainment plus bundle (whcch includes a Speedpack) in June 2016, the internet speed during 8-11 pm has terribly slow. Made atleast 4 calls to technical support but no solution to date. A technician came two weeks ago checked my modem, changed it and said there is severe congrestion in our area (Padstow to Beverley hills) and Optus is trying to fixit for teh past year or so!. I am paying $120 per month (used to pay $95 before changing the bubndle plan) only to get pathetic speeds of betqween 3-9 Mbps during peak hours. I have been Optus customer for over 8 years and they eem to be doing nothing about congestion. They  gladly taken on more customers for more revenue and then all customers like us suffer. Optus appear thas become arrogant as they are a monopoly in our area. Telstra has no cable service here. All I can say is Optus has a pathetic atttitude towards its customers' concern about internet speed. Unfortunately, there are no alterate Cable ISP providers in our area. 

Jax_K

Hey Roamnski, sorry for the late reply to your post. I'm happy to take a look and see if we have any updates regarding capacity upgrades for your area? Please PM through your account number, full name and date of birth and I'll follow this up for you. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Roamnski

Account # is 8049 9121 8001 42, Ramesh Kondepudi, 30/08/1957, 18 Spring Street, Padstow, NSW 2211. Well, about three weeks ago Optus technician indicated there is congestion in our region and Optus is aware of this problem for more than 12 months. So far it appears nothing has been done as a lot of people in our area are experiencing very low speeds (2-5 Mbps)  between 8 -11 pm. After that I am not sure as I go to bed. Curious to hear from you of any progress 

Roamnski

Hello Jax, still waiting for your response on congestion in Padstow, NSW 2211 area.

kiwler

At the end of all this, i got $10 discount on bill for the next 5 months, and they said that if in 5 months the issue does not get resolved i can contact support again. To be honest, i have my doubts they will finish the upgrade in 5 months so i'm at lost from where to go here, apart from switching cable providers. 

Roamnski

Your lucky that they are giving you some discount. I have Optus customer for over 8 years and not a mention of any discount. 

john8170

Just tell them that you are paying money for nothing and that you will take your bussiness elsewhere if they cant compensate you.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
78 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
31 Kudos