Searching...

Re: Optus Cable Heavy Congestion

kiwler

Yesterday night was my worse speeds i have ever seen on cable, and i can't believe the speeds are way slower than ADSL 1. I honestly don't think they will give a discount, as i unfortunately got no where when i PM'ed their facebook page and got no solution but to wait it out lol. 

Hollie

Hey Guys - whilst we may not have a time frame for upgrades in your particular area we can definitely look into this further for you and see if there are any other factors contributing to your slow speeds and chat about other options moving forward. 

If you have any fault reference numbers handy please post back with these so we can check into this further.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

kiwler

Hi Hollie, i have been contacted by the Optus Facebook person but to no result, response is below:

Optus: "Thanks for that Michael, we can see that your service is affected by peak time slows. Which is why you notice a difference after 3pm when kids are getting home from school and people are returning from work. At this stage we don't have an update on when upgrades will be completed to resolve this. I can see that you received a message back in April to let you know we'll provide updates on the service as we have them - Marie"

Me: "So at the moment i will have to wait indefinitely till this issue is resolved?"

Optus: "Unfortunately at this stage we haven't been advised of when this will be resolved. I would recommend speaking with our team on 1300 555 241 to discuss your account moving forward - Marie"

Hollie

Thanks kiwler - Marie is correct, there may be no ETR for upgrades at this time and the billing team may be able to discuss plan/ contract options moving forward, but if you have had no luck with them I can definitely chat about this further with you if you can PM me your info Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

pazin

you are lucky i will be happy with this. My speed drops down to les than 3Mbs. actualy i just run test and it is 2.87Mbs. I m in Meadow Heightsand is been like this every night for the last year or longer. Have complained and they send tech to check up line and it is still same.been on cable for last 15 years and this is realy bad.

Jax_K

@pazin, I've responded to your PM.

[ Edited ]
nuccia007

Hey Kiwler!! That is exactly the message I got when I spoke to them and I'm in the Thomastown area  and this is the second time that I'm going through the same issue with a congested node.  Only difference from last time and this time is that last time (5-6 years ago) they gave me a date when it was going to be repaired, took 4-5 months but it was done and fixed and they also offered me a generous credit for the inconvenience.

This time I reported my issue March 2015 (recontracted with them Dec 14 with unlimited data/fetch tv/netflix/ premium speed pack where I had the pack already) Worked wonderful for 2 months but I think by March they had gotten so many people on board with there deal and has been downhill ever since.  It's now 14 months since they acknowledged the problem and they have no time frame when the work will be completed on the NODE!! Ridiculous eh? How do I really know they have started working on the NODE or not, Am so over it, you have no idea.  So if your in Thomastown (3074) avoid getting Optus cable!!

Remo3133

hi Kiwler ...

I thought I was alone with this problem in Vermont South 3133  ... let me lend support to the cause.  I too am on a $90 unlimited plan but find the service is almost useless ... constant dropouts and over 8 million collisions on the network every 5 seconds.  Optus replaced my modem last November (a NETGEAR G3000) and in December we bought a new MacAir laptop.  It was after this we started noticing poor connectivity to many apps & sites.  I have reported the issue to Optus ad nauseum ... they have blamed the laptop and sent me to Apple (no errors in device), they had me regularly reset modem, change WAN config settings on the router, and eventually sent a technician to replace connectors, etc from pole to our house.  Still nothing has improved.  Using Optus SpeedTest, I see 28Mbps during the day but regularly 10Mbps in the evenings.  Even tonight, it has taken 5 attempts to connect to this site to write a reply.  Maybe it is time to go back to ADSL to get a reliable service

Ozmango52

I've been on Optus ASDL for about 8 years and until recently had few congestion issues.  Lately however - as in the past year or so - it is becoming very annoying.  I am on an unlimited (with Fetch) plan, my son and I are keen gamers but our latency lately is a joke.

john8170

Rang Optus today and they have given me a discount on my bill every month for the next 12months, regardless on weather the problem is fixed earlier which is about 4 to 5 months away in St.Albans.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
39 Kudos
25 Kudos